Monday, 21 June 2010

Kueh Pisang

This is one of my favourite nonya kueh when I was a teenager. However, it is difficult to find this kueh nowadays. Even if you can find, most of those sold are not palatable, either the kueh is too hard or it is not fragrant enough. I have this recipe which I think makes the kueh to a perfect T, not too hard nor too soft. At least, to me, this is the most perfect recipe that I have gotten for this kueh. So I am sharing this recipe for those who would like to try. It is pretty easy. So do give it a try.

Ingredients:

(A)
200g Thick coconut milk
350g water
80g sugar

(B)
90g Hoon Kueh Flour
200g water

(C)
4pcs of bananas cut into slices
Banana leaves cut into 15cmx20cm

  1. Mix (B) till smooth.
  2. Boil (A) till sugar melts. Slowly pour in (1), stirring all the time with low heat.
  3. When the mixture thickens, remove pan from heat.
  4. Spoon about 2tbs of mixture onto banana leaves. Top with a slice of banana. Spoon another 2tbs of mixture on top of the banana.
  5. Wrap the banana leaf up into a rectangle parcel.
  6. Chill in the fridge till set. Enjoy!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment