Monday, 17 May 2010

ABCDEFG......

I had wanted to make these alphabet biscuits for a very long time. Finally, I decided to procrastinate no more and set out to use my newly bought alphabet cutters with enthusiasm. After I mixed the dough, I thought to myself: this must be quite an easy task and I should be able to complete by mid morning. Alas! I was totally wrong! After chilling the dough for 30 mins, I took it out and started to imprint the cutters onto the dough. To my dismay, the dough kept sticking to the cutters and I had a hard time trying to release the dough out. Dusting the cutters did not help much either. In the end, I decided to chill the dough for another 1 hour. This time, it became too hard and started to break once I cut it. Errrgh!!! What I thought was a no mean feat task turned out to be something messy and unmanageable. I then dusted my working surface, the cutters as well as the dough with more copious amount of flour. Still some of the alphabets refused to co-operate with me. After I managed to use up all the dough, I was already dead beaten. I wonder if I would still have the fortitude to use these menacing cutters again.....





No comments:

Post a Comment