Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Soft Cotton Cup Cakes

I have been trying to find the recipe for the type of soft cotton cupcakes I used to eat during my primary school days. These cakes are soft and light, and almost guiltless. I prefer cakes which are cottony soft, just like chiffon cakes. Cupcakes made with butter taste great but it always leaves me guilty after consuming them.
I came across this recipe from one of the bloggers' blog and decided to try it out today. The cakes are soft and nice. They are so light that you do not feel full even after eating two at the same time. It is a recipe worth trying out if you like such cakes. I had filled the cups too full and thus they 'blossomed' in the oven like huat kuehs. But once out of the oven, they started to shrink. Judging by their appearance, you probably doubt my verdict on them. But looks are deceiving :) This recipe is worth keeping, in my opinion. So for anyone who would like to try it out, I have posted it here.






























Cotton Soft Cupcakes
(A)
40g water
10g milk powder
5 egg yolks
100g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla essence (or any other of your choice)

(B)
5 egg whites
1/2tsp cream of tartar
80g sugar

Combine (A) together till smooth. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till frothy and add in sugar gradually. Beat till stiff peaks. Gently fold egg whites into (A). Spoon mixture into small cups and bake at 180 degrees celsius till cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment