I shaped these steamed baos into rabbits and porcupines. I guess my shaping skills still need sharpening as some of these baos look out of shape. Nevertheless, they taste good.
300g Hong Kong flour
11/2tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp yeast
Filling: red bean paste/lotus paste (divide into balls of 30g each)
1. Mix all ingredients in a mixer and knead till smooth. Let dough rise for 1 hour or double in bulk.
2. Divide dough into equal pieces of 40-50g each (depending on how big you want your baos to be).
3. Enclose dough with red bean or lotus paste. Shape baos into oval shape. Snip ears and tails for rabbits. Make tiny snips on the dough to make the needles on the porcupine's body.
4. Let bao prove for about 25 mins
5. Steam for about 10-15 mins over rapidly boiling water.
6. Dip tip of chopstick into red colouring and dot on the bao to resemble the eyes.