Tuesday, 22 June 2010

World Cup Fever- cooling it down

What is the hottest topic in town recently? Definitely the World Cup! Ok, I confessed. I am one of those who has caught the fever, staying up late nights and waking in the wee hours to catch 22 men chasing one ball (that is how non football fan view this world's most loved game, isn't it?) I must say after more than 2 weeks of ball chasing (not on the pitch but by the side of my TV set), the regime has taken a toll on my body. I find that my throat is starting to parch and the heat in my body is rising. I guess the yin and yan are not in sync now. Sigh... so today's soup of the day is vital. Well, it may not be the best remedy, but it helps in abating the heatiness in my body albeit not the soul in the ball chasing... Come on!!!












Apple Soup (vegetarian version)
Ingredients:
3-4 red apples (try not to use China Fuji apples)-cut into chunks
1 large carrot-cut into chunks
a handful of nanxing and beixing (sweet and bitter almonds)
2 honey dates
10 wu hua guo
1 /2pc tangerine peel (optional)
mock meat
water

Wash all ingredients.  Boil sufficient water in pot. Put in all ingredients and boil for 2 hours over low heat. Before serving, add salt to taste.

This soup is healthy and easy to make. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment